The Romance Reviews

Monday, May 19, 2014

Twiddling my Fingers in the Dark

So, I was sitting at my desk, staring at a blank screen, and figured as long as I’m not working on a new book, I may as well write another blog post. I’ve heard from my editor that this week, I should have a release date (hopefully!). Awesome…maybe, if there really is a release date. I’m beginning to think the whole thing has been a weird nightmare of pouring my heart and soul into a book, signing a second contact, dancing around with the cover reveal, and then jerked up hard and short with the seeming endless delays in getting a release date.

In anticipation of that release date (several month ago, now), I put together a small street team. A fat lot of good that did me without a new book for them to brag about and praise.

I’m not bitter. I’m a little angry with the delays. I still think that The Wild Rose Press is the best small house publisher to work for, because of the manner that they support their authors, but I’m getting to the point that I’m angry with the delays.

I don’t know what the hold-up is. I’ve been through the whole editing process, approved the cover art, approved the final galleys, my editor approved them, and the senior editorial staff approved the galleys. I don’t remember this kind of a delay with The Devil’s Own Desperado.

My editor keeps me in the loop. I’ve gotten an e-mail from her almost weekly, all saying the same thing: “No news.” The last one said she was getting anxious and was sending a query to the senior staff to find out what was going on. I told her I appreciated it and I would continue to keep brushing the coat out of Vander while I waited. (Yeah, it is officially spring as Vander is dropping every stitch of hair on his body.)

So, for those of you wondering about the release date—I’m as much in the dark as you guys are, and frankly, I don’t like being a mushroom.


1 comment :

  1. Whoops and here I am again. We're definitely on the move now. Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog
if(typeof(networkedblogs)=="undefined"){networkedblogs={};networkedblogs.blogId=531831;networkedblogs.shortName="musings";}