The Romance Reviews

Thursday, October 4, 2012

THE NEXT BIG THING


THE NEXT BIG THING and, no, I'm not talking about my hips!

It's time for a blog hop. This one starts out with a shout out to my Rose Sistah and fabulous author, Vonnie Davis. Check out her blog and bog hop answers at
The rules for the blog hop are as follows:

****Give credit to the person/blog that tagged you
**** Post the rules for the blog hop
****Answer these ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress) on your blog
****Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them.


Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:

What is the working title of your book? Gossamer Dreams

Where did the idea come from for the book? Cole and Rebecca came from what I almost considered a “throw-away line” in The Devil’s Own Desperado, when Amelia is musing that she can’t deal with the wounded man in her home and that Dr. Archer can take him home and take care of him.  A moment later, Amelia is reminding herself that Dr. Archer and Rebecca are newlyweds and don’t need that added stress.

What genre does your book fall under?  Western historical romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Oh, wow…that’s a tough one.  Most of the actors I really like are too old to be Cole and I’d have a hard time naming someone to portray Rebecca.  If pushed, I’d say Alan Rickman (have adored him since Die Hard) and Julia Roberts.  I love her laugh and when Rebecca laughed, it was that deep, honest laugh I heard.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?  Can a doctor acquitted of his wife’s murder and a less than pristine mail-order bride find healing and acceptance with one another?

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?  I don’t have an agent, and I’m too much of a coward to go the self-published route.  I’m going to be pitching this one to my editor at The Wild Rose Press, the wonderful Susan Yates (shamelessly groveling before Susan now).

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?  The very first draft of this took me about six months.  I hated it.  I went back and tinkered with it, puttered with it, and totally gutted it.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? GAH!  I hate questions like this.  But, if anything, I’d compare it to the western romances that Lyverle Spencer wrote.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?  The characters themselves did.  I heard a wry question of “throw-away line?” when I debated removing that little bit of introspection Amelia was engaged in.  That led to all the “what if” and “why” games that most authors play with themselves when creating a new story and fleshing characters.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?  It’s not the usual western romance.  I’ve got a doctor perfectly comfortable wearing a gun and a heroine who isn’t sure that being married to him is her best recourse.

I tag –

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow this blog
if(typeof(networkedblogs)=="undefined"){networkedblogs={};networkedblogs.blogId=531831;networkedblogs.shortName="musings";}